SassyCon 2018 has come and gone. Those of you who were able to attend are leaving filled with inspiration and gusto — ready to take on the world, rock your businesses, and dominate social media. And there’s good reason for that. SassyCon, just like so many other conventions, is intentionally filled with the motivational speeches and the educational workshops to help you get home and rock your business. For most of us, we know exactly why we need to get to a convention. It’s trying to figure out what to do after a big convention that gets a bit tricky.
Like so many other tools, it’s what you do with it that matters. Getting to the convention was just step one. What you do once you’re back home and sitting in front of your own desk and in front of your own computer is just as important as being present at the convention to learn all the things.
And this goes for any convention that you might be attending, not just SassyCon. If you go to your company convention, you’ll leave just as inspired and wondering how to get it all implemented right away. Use these same tips to help you remember the things you’ve learned, implement the things you need, and be better prepared to return to the next convention a year later.
- Get some rest. People, speakers, note-taking, activities, shops, boutiques….conventions can be exhausting. Make sure you get the rest you need so you can look at everything with fresh eyes as you start putting together your plans and strategies.
- Review and organize your notes right away. No matter what system you use for taking notes, go through them and get them organized and right away. If you use a digital system like Evernote, make sure you index your notes to make them searchable. If you prefer pen and paper, try color-coding the pages. Reorganizing your notes in this fashion will help make sure you’re taking the time to absorb everything you’ve written, and your brain will start working on building cross-references in your mind to keep you from forgetting anything. This will also give you a chance to sift through anything you may not need (gasp) or that might not necessarily work for you and your business. Remember — keep what works and discard the rest. You don’t need to do all the things.
- Check in with your new networking buddies!! Form groups, chit-chat, get on Marco Polo and ask each other questions. Exchange notes. These are entrepreneurs, just like you, who went to that convention to learn something. They make for the perfect accountability partners. And chances are, they picked up on something you missed and vice versa. So get together and fill in the gaps. And make sure you keep that relationship growing through the year. Keep each other updated on your progress, goals, and plans.
- Pass on your new knowledge. We talk about abundance mindset all the time at the Suite. Take everything you’ve learned over the weekend and start sharing it. Share it with your team, your downlines, your uplines…anyone who might benefit from learning. The point of any convention is to get the knowledge out into the industry, not keep it a secret. So, as you head out to conquer the world, be sure to pause and teach someone else how you’re going to do it.
- Offer feedback. Every good convention only wants to get better. Let the organizers know what worked well, what didn’t work out so well, what they could improve on, what new features you would like to see the next year. There’s no guarantee that all your advice will be implemented, but it will all be considered.
- Get ready for the next convention!! You can read up on how to talk about your next convention without annoying your followers here.
Want to learn more about direct sales and marketing while building connections and hanging out with other boss ladies who get it? Be sure to come on over and join The Socialite Suite. And when you’re really ready to step up your social marketing game and become an influencer, come join our premium coaching group, Suite SassyPants, for live training and strategy sessions!